Google

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

The Next Day

I always waited for the next day. I always thought that I would propose him the next day but many days would pass and I could not succeed. I could not express my fathomless love to him. My eyes always lowered in front of him. In presence of him in my happiness had no bounds. He had vivacious and sagacious personality. He flashed a row of pearls as he smiled timidly and that time I felt I got all happiness of my life. He had become a part of my being with every breath. I waited for his footsteps with each heartbeat. When he spoke to me, his every word studded with jewels I cherished and echoed in the core of my heart. I could not express how elated I felt that time. I would again think to propose him the next day but I would be afraid if he rejected my proposal and my love turned to be the impulse of a moment. In this way, my three years in campus went on.After three years, I completed my graduation. Those days were strenuous and I was dreaded every time by what the next day might happen. For two months, I was in search of employment so I could not meet him. After two months, I went to a marriage party of a friend. That time I was profoundly shocked when my love had already become beloved of other. Tears nearly overflowed from my eyes. I hid my tears. Then I said to him, -"Congratulations! May your married life prosper and may luck kiss you in every step of your life."With a heavy heart and dejection I returned my home. To solace myself, I looked for my diary and pen, which I used to keep inside my bag. There I found a letter. He had written the letter and had proposed me through the same letter. At the end he had written to reply by the next day. I became speechless. I had to hide my love in the mask of awful eternity-THE NEXT DAY.

No comments: