Google

Saturday, February 3, 2007

a fairy tale

He didnt wait for the auspicious 14th of the month to hand over the mythical red rose.

He told her about his dreams, dreams where he took her to his house; to those walls where he as a child marked his height with bricks; to those corners where he would play hide'n-seek with his buddies;trees that grew guava and peach; his dog; and he told her she were a part of those dreams. He told her she was the one he loved, felt comfortable in front of and adored with purest of feelings.

That would have flattered prettiest of girls.

Why wasnt Els touched? First off, she knew boys too good to be carried away with fancy sentences. Sweet words hide sharp teeth. And she had been bitten once. "Saying I love you would be an understatement"- a voice echoed in her head. It was that of a mongolean boy she was committed to in high school. He had given her dreams, and had left her to go abroad. That had left her shattered. She had vowed not to fall in love again.

Now this new guy was down on his knees. She looked at him. He had innocuous eyes that reavealed a lot of passion. His voice had authority of a learned man.
"Why me ? Why now ?" , she asked. They had known eachother for long.
"Because you are my destiny", he continued, "I will be 26 in weeks now, and you too will be 25 in a couple of months. Who are we fooling, we are not teens. As individuals, we are free to make our own choice. I can wait for you if you need time, and I can walk my own way if you are not interested." He said it with full control and conviction." I might not be diplomatic, but I sure am practical." His voice was full of sincerety.
"You should become a writer", she tried to thaw the environment with a bit of a smile.
"Only if you agree to be my proof-reader", he replied.
"I'd be glad to." She said and took the rose from his hand and kept it in her bag.
Rest is a fairy tale.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know who you are. Same style, same elegance in writing, same flow, same tenderness when it comes to the matter of heart. Haha, Mr.Mythical_Red_Rose , didnt know you had a twin brother or that you were still a teen.